Birthyourway

Welcome to Birthyourway's Blog. This space is intended to serve as an interactive site for Doula related stuff based in Ottawa and around the globe. The archive links on the right hand margin will help you identify topics of interest to you. Your pictures of real pregnant bodies- stretch marks and all- would be most appreciated as contributions. Share your birth stories, concerns and comments by submitting to birthyourway@gmail.com

Friday, June 09, 2006

Hurry up and wait!!

Today I received a big white enveloppe from the office of the reigistrar. It contained a pile of papers but most importantly, it had the 'Course Selection and Timetable' catalogue in it. I still have not ironed out the transfer credits yet so I am not entirely certain of the courses I will be taking. But I have a pretty good indication. The year begins with a one week intensive which is an introduction to the profession of midwifery at the end of august before classes officially begin. The year itself will consist of these course: Anatomy and physiology, introduction to social work, health sciences for midwives, Biology and a lab, and women studies which I will no doubt be excused from. At the moment, it appears that I will have the day off on wednesdays as well as the weekends wich is a good way to break up the week. Oh it is starting to feel real! In any case, I am really happy to have already done a previous degree since making my schedule this time is a piece of cake compared to the first time around.
Now, about finding a place to live up there in the cold of northern Canada...can anyone help me? I guess it's still too early to rent for August. Bring on the waiting game...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home